Sunday, October 7, 2012

Corner trim


Not a lot of activity to report this week, either. We have had a lot of rain and I was busy yesterday with my fall garden. I started applying the 1 x 4 pine trim on the exterior corners. First I put overlapping layers of tar paper on the corner, in case water gets behind the trim.


Then I cut the trim to match the 45 degree slope of the roof and nailed it over the tar paper. This should make for a moisture proof joint.


I also put some tar paper and a strip of siding under the door. There are a couple of drain holes on each side of the door and without siding there, the rain would splash up under the door. This should take care of that problem. Now I just need some dry weather next weekend, so I can finish applying the primer coat to my SS shed.


The weather is getting cooler now, so I have been keeping the door closed when working inside my shed. I have a lamp inside with a 75 watt bulb. It is amazing how much just that lamp warms up the inside of my shed.

In other news, Macy Miller has put together an extensive list of questions for tiny house builders and is publishing the results as FAQs on her site. There is a wealth of information there. I have linked to her Tiny Housers FAQ page at the top right of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment