Sunday, June 24, 2012

Getting close to starting my build

I am planning to start construction of my SS shed the week of 1 July, when I am on vacation.
I ordered my lumber yesterday from Medway Lumber. They will deliver it next Friday. The lumberyard recommended using 3/4 ply for the floor instead of 5/8, since I won't be putting a finish floor on top of it. When putting together my material list I discovered that the Sonoma Shanty plans call for 12 rafters, but the way I read the plans they require 16 rafters. I'll confirm that later during my build.

I am just about finished leveling out the concrete blocks for my shed's foundation. I need to buy a few more concrete pavers to level out the last 2 concrete blocks. I plan to run a 2x6 down the middle blocks to add support to the floor joists.


I need to edit some of the measurements on my plans, since my SS will 1 foot shorter in height and only 14 feet long. I have printed them out and plan to write the new measurements on the drawings. This should minimize me making mistakes with measurements during my build.
I also need to plan the framing for the endwall which will have the door because this will be not to plans due to the shorter height of my SS.

No comments:

Post a Comment