Thursday, July 21, 2016

Odds and ends to close up exterior

I picked up my front door and moved it safely inside next to the door opening. I plan to have a local carpenter install the door so it is done correctly; I don't want it to leak and I want it level so the door stays where I put it.

I finally assembled the bulkhead door in place. It wasn't that hard, although the doors are heavy to align the hinges by myself. I was missing one hinge pin, so I made due with a 16 penny nail temporarily. I still have to build some stairs for the cellar.

I installed the soffits on the front of the house. I used screening between the 2 boards. That was a long job by myself. I must have gone up and down that ladder 150 times!

Then it was time to relax on the front steps.

This is a view of the back of the house, which faces south.

No comments:

Post a Comment