Thursday, May 5, 2016

Spring 2016 !

I made my first trip of the year up to the cabin in mid March. Mud season was in full force. I was excited that my basement was bone dry; the perimeter drains and landscaping that my excavator did last year, worked like a champ!  My driveway was also usable with the crushed stone, letting it drain properly.

My first task was to get the sub-fascia and finished fascia boards installed, so my roofer can install the metal roof. This took longer than expected as usual, working by myself. I also got one of the final triangular pieces of sheathing installed on the east gable end.

I picked up my wood stove at the store, in my new to me pick up truck and lifted all 250 pounds of stove into the cabin with the help of ropes and pulleys.

I set down 1/2 inch cement board on the floor and covered it with concrete pavers to form the hearth under the stove. Then I put the stove in it's final location with the rope and pulleys.

I assembled the black stovepipe and ran it up to the roof, so my roofer knows were to make the hole in the roof. I also brought up the sections of Class A chimney pipe on one of my trips.

I also installed my first window on the front side of the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment